We are coming upon that time of year again! Spring and summer weddings mean that it’s “shower time”. There’s lots to do and planning that is needed to make a shower a once-in-a-lifetime event. If you are the Maid or Matron of Honor or the Mother of the Bride or Groom, you may feel overwhelmed at planning the party and finding the perfect gift for that perfect couple, but here is our easy reference guide to help the shower go off without a hitch and help you find a special gift for the couple.
Preparing to “shower” the couple with gifts to start their new life together? Here are some things you will want to check off your list:
- Pick a date – Try to keep it a few months before the wedding and be sensitive to planning dates if their are relatives coming from out-of-town.
- Plan the Guest List – Consult the bride and groom to see how big or small an affair they want this to be.
- Choose a Theme– Is this shower going to be in a garden or a different type of venue? Choose according to the personalities of the bride and groom. If they are a relaxed couple, maybe a backyard Jack-and-Jill style shower or if they are more formal maybe an afternoon tea or brunch at a local restaurant.
- Send the Invitations – Our suggestion is to send it several weeks in advance and give several options of how to RSVP.
- Plan a Menu and Decorations – Depending upon how elaborate or simple your shower will be plan a menu accordingly. Shop for fun theme type decorations.
- Decide on Activities– Again, depending upon the audience and the personality of the bride and groom, you may want to consider some fun activities that will keep guests entertained during the shower. Here are some wedding shower activities courtesy of Pinterest that range from hilariously funny to adorably sweet! Wedding Activities at Pinterest.
- Buy the Perfect Gift– Here is our specialty! Creative Gifts has so many personalized items that will be a true keepsake for the wedding couple. Mantle Clocks with their wedding date engraved upon it, frames for their stunning photos with their new family name on it or kitchenware for their future parties or dinners as a married couple. Check out all of our unique gifts that can touch the couple by reminding them of the day they wed!